lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV extension languages for Lynx

From: Rob Partington
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV extension languages for Lynx
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 10:39:35 +0000 (GMT)

Matt Ackeret wrote:

> I guess we're starting to get off topic here, but I was under
> the impression that Java, or at least the "standard" libraries (AWT?),
> assumed a bitmapped display..  I mean, except for the "console" window
> you see spit out errors, everything in Java seems very GUI-y.

the awt libraries do assume a bitmapped display as standard, but hey,
no-one forces you to use them.  I had a little play with java yesterday
(my first ever), and it seems that it would be perfectly possible to
write a (n)curses class and write tty based java programs.

of course, this doesn't help all the people who can't run java though.
--
       Rob Partington / address@hidden / address@hidden
"We have come to the edge of a world of which we have no experience,