lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev 8-bit chars and LYgetstr

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 8-bit chars and LYgetstr
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 18:22:02 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 14 Feb 1999, Laura Eaves wrote:

> OK -- I built lynx with ncurses instead of slang and it worked fine.
> THe problem is apparently in slang input.
> Doug, does this have any relation to the patches you sent today?
> In any case, slang translates alt135 to 271 and ncurses does not.

Is char unsigned on your system?  It may be some cast to (unsigned char)
missing somewhere before the values is used as an index in a table.

> As for ISO-8859-1 being hardcoded in LYStrings.c and LYEditmap.c, I was only
> going by what the comments said.  If it isn't true perhaps the comments should
> be updated.

Yes they should.

> In any case, I'm going to stop using slang until this problem is fixed.
> Thanks for any feedback.

Since you are the only person who has reported this problem, you are
probably the only one who can dig deeper and fix it.  It won't fix
itself...

   Klaus