lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev INSTALLATION file changes (was: Fix --disable-trace, #inclu

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: lynx-dev INSTALLATION file changes (was: Fix --disable-trace, #includes)
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 21:59:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Klaus Weide wrote:

> > The problem is that not all terminal emulators support alternate
> > character sets.
>
> No, that in itself is not the problem: if ncurses is informed that a given
> "alternative character" isn't supported by the terminal type, it uses
> approximations ('|', '-', '+' for box drawing).

Do you mean that ncurses itself uses "|", "-" and "+" when there is no acsc
or ac in termcap or terminfo? If yes, then I presume that

#define BOXVERT '|'
#define BOXHORI '-'

are redundant and useless.

> By the way, my xterm(1x) manpage (presumably from XFree86) mentions "the
> vt100 foreground and background colors" in one place, under the -dc
> options...

Xterm has many command-line options related to colors. Anyway, xterm is
Thomas' domain.

Ismael

       | ISMAEL CORDEIRO            | mailto:address@hidden      |
       | Production sound mixer     | http://www.ismael.cordeiro.com/ |
       | Montréal - Québec - Canada | ftp://ftp.cam.org/users/ismael/ |