lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev changing the installed lynx's directory layout

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev changing the installed lynx's directory layout
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 10:03:49 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 2 May 1999, Vlad Harchev wrote:

> And what do you think about lynx directory approach?

I have no strong opinions on that.  Yor proposed change seemed
simple enough, OTOH I think I haven't seen a good argument that the
current locations are bad.

The most anachronistic default location IMO is the /usr/local/lib/mosaic
path for mailcap and mime.types files in userdefs.h and lynx.cfg.
But that hasn't directly to do with the automatic installation
procedure.  And since (1) afaik there is no universal standard location
for thoses files, and (2) people may not want to use the 'system standard'
mailcap or mime.types for lynx even if there is one, and (3) people
may have put those files under /usr/local/lib/mosaic for the sake of
a previous lynx version, it should possibly stay as it is (it's only
a default after all).

   Klaus