lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev 2.8.5dev.11 using too much RAM

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.5dev.11 using too much RAM
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 20:03:09 -0200 (E. South America Daylight Time)

On Sun, 22 Dec 2002, Philip Webb wrote:

> > nothing that comes to mind -
> > LP did comment that the nested table code will use more memory:
> > some data are stored twice.
>
> ok, mb this is what you meant above, tho' tables are not that common,
> so it seems unlikely that that has caused FLWM's continuing problem.

I'll do some testing with it enabled on S-Lang and disabled on
color-style.

* work around defect in move_anchors_in_region() and related
logic by changing default for nested-tables to FALSE when Lynx
is not configured for color-style.  The problem is that when an
anchor is shifted right by nested-table logic, if it has a <BR>
near the beginning of a table cell and it happens to be split
across a line, its size will not be adjusted properly (report
by Hataguchi Takeshi) -TD

BTW, why do I have to press "~" twice to enable or disable it ?

--
address@hidden, {dyndns.}org}