lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: how to maximize client area???, etc.

From: Chuck Martin
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: how to maximize client area???, etc.
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 01:52:00 -0500

On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 08:45:15AM +0900, Henry Nelson wrote:
> Another possibility is to just give in and use another browser such as
> "w3m" which handles tables better.  I suspect you could call w3m from
> Lynx with a PRINTER define, but I'm not confident enough to direct you.
> Maybe `` PRINTER:View page with w3m:/usr/local/bin/w3m "%s":FALSE" ''.
> (Perhaps Chuck can give us a good one.)

That should work if you remove all of the quotes (they aren't necessary,
and will probably prevent it from working).  One caveat, however, is
that you must be viewing the source when using this to view the page with
w3m because the %s is replaced by the name of the temporary file used by
lynx, which will contain whatever is being viewed at the time.  If that
isn't the source, w3m will be looking at the plain text that Lynx
produced.

Chuck