Re: [Lynx-dev] "can't access startfile"

From: Eduardo Chappa
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] "can't access startfile"
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 08:38:00 -0800 (PST)

*** Thomas Dickey (address@hidden) wrote today:

:) > I believe that the main point in the original message is that an
:) > error like "page is not accesible, you made a mistake in your
:) > spelling", or so, should not cause Lynx to quit. It is perfectly
:) > reasonable to allow lynx to
:) lynx didn't quit: lynx didn't _start_.
:) There was no session to save.

I guess we are getting to the point if "life" begins at the first line of
main() or not. I agree that there was nothing to save, but I think that
the original message, although pointed this out incorrectly, really meant
to say "don't exit() the program". An example of a text browser that
exhibits this behavior is links; e.g. "links oooopppp" does not exit() the

:) (If it's important enough, someone will offer a patch to improve it).

Yep, unless the person requesting it does not have the ability to code, in
which case the request is done to those who know the code.