make-alpha

Re: Naming: a rose by any other ...

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: Naming: a rose by any other ...
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 18:28:57 -0400

On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 15:21 +0000, Boris Kolpackov wrote:
> BTW, have you thought about how this feature will interact with
> included makefiles?

I thought a bit about it, but in the end I decided that the principle of
least surprise mandates that we follow the same behavior as any other
change to make's processing: that is, do nothing special for included
makefiles and treat them as if they had been inlined into the including
makefile.

So, we will not reset the intro character for included makefiles, nor
when an included makefile ends and we start processing the parent
makefile again.

Anyway, that's my current implementation.  I'm open to discussion but it
will need to be a strong case.

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://make.mad-scientist.us