Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Transifex scripts, part one (Extracting keys)

From: Guttorm Flatabø
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Transifex scripts, part one (Extracting keys)
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 08:48:37 +0100

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 12:45 AM, Hakan Tandogan <address@hidden> wrote:
The first part of the promised scripts, the automated extraction of keys, is active on my machine. The script is being run from my local jenkins instance, and does:

- check hourly for changes in both repos
- extract keys as specific for the subproject
- push changed keys to transifex server
- commit and push the generated pot file to git

I will keep it running for a few days to verify that it behaves well, and afterwards, start working on the opposite direction, fetching the translated files from transifex.

I the other projects I know of using Transifex or Translatewiki pushing and pulling isn't automated, it is usually done manually or semi-automatically on a weekly or more basis, thus I didn't realize what you were aiming for here. However, before you go on you should know this:
  1. When managing resources on Transifex you can specify a source file URL and have Transifex "automatically update source file". See the documentation.
  2. In the management of the project you can specify a "web hook url" "which Transifex will visit whenever a translation of a resource of the project is changed."
I am not so sure a fully automatic push and pull is desirable though, as mistakes and unforseen bugs could mess things up without anyone noticing. With an hourly frequency you'll also have a lot of commits... Translatewiki have scripts that they run manually usually every weekend.

--
Guttorm