mibble-users

[Mibble-users] snmp agent simulator

From: Padala
Subject: [Mibble-users] snmp agent simulator
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 00:02:47 -0800 (PST)

Hi
I want to Develop snmp agent simulator.I have better understanding of snmp.
I know about snmp operations and functions.I would like to use snmp4j agent API for my simulator.  I have two approaches in my mind.
first if I et a free source MIB compiler I would prefer this approach, secondly I want to use MIB equivalent xml file(that is read from a real agent) in my Simulator.

1.Could any one suggest me  any MIB compiler that can generate java stub code to use with this SNMP4j agent?

2. I do not know exactly whether I can use this xml file(Virtual MIB) with snmp4j agent.Can any one guide me how to approach if  I want to use xml file as a MIB?

Thank you in advance and It will be a great help for me.