Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] [patch] upgrade packages glib gtk

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] [patch] upgrade packages glib gtk
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 01:31:37 +1000

On 27 April 2010 00:59, Mark Brand <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Okay, so I reverted your glib upgrade completely:
>>
>> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/9b2c01f9779b
>
> Going back to glib 2.24 causes the configure step to fail for gtk 2.20.
> Seems to have do with missing gio-windows-2.pc. This file came comes with
> glib 2.25 but not 2.24.  The fatal error is actually "Can't find
> cairo-pdf.h", but I suspect it stems from the missing gio-windows-2.pc.

I'm getting the same, but haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

> Maybe we should go back to gtk 2.19.6 version (before commit 7089cd796690).
> (Isn't that a development release though?)
>
> By the way, if odd subversion numbers are development and even are stable,
> then it seems that a stable version of gtk can depend on a development
> version of glib. This is confirmed here:
> http://osdir.com/ml/gtk-list/2010-03/msg00127.html
>
> The simple strategy of "latest stable glib and gtk" seems untenable, since
> they may be mismatched.

Interesting thread, I would have thought glib would be released
shortly before gtk. That's probably ok though, depending on an older
dev version simply means that you miss a few last minute changes. I
*think* we should go with a stable gtk and any verison of glib that
works with it.

Tony