Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] How to force a re-build

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] How to force a re-build
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 01:35:08 +0100

Richard Shann schrieb:
> I am testing the building of Denemo with mxe and want to rapidly update
> the .tar.gz file and re-build. I have tried copying a new tar.gz file
> into the pkg directory but make does not re-build.

The Makefile target depends on a special "installed" file
that is created (more precisely: touched) after the successful
package build. Removing it should trigger the desired rebuild:

rm usr/installed/denemo

Also, changing or touching the build recipe should trigger
the rebuild, too:

touch src/denemo.mk

Note that touching the source tarball will not start the
rebuild, as it has still the same SHA1 checksum and is thus
assumed to not have changed. And if the checksum changed,
that would of course trigger a checksum error, not a rebuild. ;-)

Regards,
Volker

--
Volker Grabsch