Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] SDL2 release candidates

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] SDL2 release candidates
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 21:37:48 +1000

On 06/08/2013, at 8:49 PM, Martin Gerhardy <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is it somehow possible to define the dependencies of a package in relation to
> their build target. I'm asking because I have written a library that works
> with sdl1 and sdl2 - if sdl2 is available, I would like to take sdl2, but on
> e.g. mingw32 I would have to take sdl1 as dependency.

There's no easy way to do this at the moment, I'm not sure it's a big issue as
the worst that happens is some extra packages are downloaded - but they'll
possibly be required for other packages/targets anyway. If the package
dependencies are large (ie. qt for qwt), then you can always create another
package with the different version as a dependency to avoid the download.

For setting the alternate configure options, see gdal or wxwidgets for an
example. Basically, you break the build up into snippets and assemble the
target rules from those. You could also write your configure scripts to detect
this automatically.

Cheers,

Tony