Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt compilation options

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt compilation options
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 21:04:43 +0200 (CEST)

>> Since some .mk files set CFLAGS the hard way (e.g. in
>> `twolame.mk'), not allowing for any customization, it seems to be
>> unsupported, which is a pity.
>
> You can export CFLAGS (and anything else you like) in settings.mk -
> it's read after the `unexport` commands and will apply globally to
> all packages.

Alas, this is not correct.  As written above, some packages use
hard-coded CFLAGS which can't be overridden.  For example, in
`guile.mk' it is set as

  CFLAGS='-Wno-unused-but-set-variable'

I see no reason why the user can't provide her own CFLAGS value, so
the correct form would rather be

  CFLAGS="$(CFLAGS) -Wno-unused-but-set-variable"

I believe.  The same holds for almost all other *.mk files.c

    Werner