Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Can't make sdl2_net and sdl2_mixer from git

From: Timothy Gu
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Can't make sdl2_net and sdl2_mixer from git
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 10:03:24 -0800

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 2:15 AM, Bernd Kosmahl <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Timothy,
>
>>> make sdl2 sdl2_net sdl2_mixer MXE_TARGETS=i686-pc-mingw32 JOBS=8
>> _net and _mixer are not supported on i686-pc-mingw32. This is done by this
>> line
>> in the recipes of sdl2_net and sdl2_mixer:
>> $(PKG)_BUILD_i686-pc-mingw32 =
>
> Thank you for clearing this up. Frankly the thought that this might not be
> supported didn't even occur to me. Is there a special reason?

Too much patching? I am not the original recipe writer.

If you can make this work, patches welcome!

>> I agree that we should be more clear on the meaning of exclude.
>
> Mayhap. The documentation *is* really thin but I won't argue since anyone
> could read the sources and contribute ;)

I have an experimental wiki here: https://github.com/TimothyGu/mxe/wiki/_pages

It's really new so it might be inaccurate. Suggestion welcome.

>> Meanwhile, you can use i686-w64-mingw32 target instead which still
>> produces 32-bit binaries.
>
> Thanks for pointing this out. I'll try this. Looks like I've been hiding
> under a rock for some years :D
>
> Any reason why you didn't CC the list?

No reason. My mail client broke. Now the list is CC'd.

[...]

Timothy