Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] SSL links and website (was: Can't make sdl2_n

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] SSL links and website (was: Can't make sdl2_net and sdl2_mixer from git)
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 13:26:42 +1100

On 15 Jan 2014, at 12:34, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:

> Volker Grabsch schrieb:
[…]

> What do you think? Does anyone have a better idea for
> adding SSL support to mxe.cc, ensuring automatic quick
> updates from the MXE stable branch?

I had a quick look at Amazon AWS and it seems prohibitively expensive
($600/month) for custom SSL domains (generic ones are free). I suspect there is
another way with EC2 and elastic IP addresses, but it looks much more
complicated than any web server I’ve setup in the past. Something self-hosted
is probably the way to go for SSL.

We could possibly modify `.git/config` somehow to automatically push to an
additional server, but that would require setting up additional access -
polling github regularly is much simpler.

Cheers,

Tony