Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt5 Shared / Travis-CI

From: Jonathan Greig
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt5 Shared / Travis-CI
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 12:07:14 -0600

Tony,
I know of the reference you are talking about, but haven't added it in yet. The only reason you are missing the icons, images and tips is because those need to be relative to the embroidermodder2.exe (i.e. copy all of the extra folders to your bin directory and I bet it will work fine). By all means, it looks like you were able to get it running. I'll try your batch file method.

Cheers,
Jonathan

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 11:25 AM, Tony Theodore <address@hidden> wrote:

On 8 Mar 2014, at 04:04, Jonathan Greig <address@hidden> wrote:

> Tony, I saw your message and since you were at least able to get it running, can you tell me what DLL's you used? I built both x86_64 and i686 w64 targets and am now testing the i686 one. I just did a check through and updated our previous notes on deployment dependencies to reflect what DLL's are needed on a native windows build and which ones are needed on an MXE build and it seems that 4 DLL's that I think should be in MXE just do not exist. I keep getting the cannot find Qt platform plugin message rather than it starting.

I moved the embroidermodder2.exe to the $(TARGET)/bin directory and ran a batch file with the following contents (modified from test-qt5.bat):

set PATH=..\lib;..\qt5\bin;..\qt5\lib;%PATH%
set QT_QPA_PLATFORM_PLUGIN_PATH=..\qt5\plugins
embroidermodder2.exe

I recall reading that there is a default search path for the platform plugin directory that is relative to the executable, but can find the reference.

This is personal preference, but I would really recommend you get the static builds working - shared builds are a world of pain and should be avoided unless there is some deep technical reason to use them.

Cheers,

Tony