Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt5 Shared / Travis-CI

From: Jonathan Greig
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt5 Shared / Travis-CI
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 12:42:19 -0600

Tony,
Got it working in my VM using your batch file method. See attached screenshot. It's slower than molasses firing up in the VM using the batch file but it works.
Have faith, shared non-believers :D (I just need to fix up the platform stuff to work right and slim the DLL's back down)

My reason for needing shared isn't necessarily for Qt, but one of our contributers is working on experimental Delphi/FreePascal bindings to libembroidery and he has to use a DLL. There's something mind-boggling about the definition of static when talking about Pascal versus C that makes no sense to me. I actually recommend that he static links to libembroidery due to our API still heavily changing but static has a whole different meaning in Pascal. I'm not sure on the MXE policy on adding packages to MXE but someday when the API is frozen, I think I would like to have a package for MXE.

You've been a great help Tony.

Cheers,
Jonathan

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 12:37 PM, Tony Theodore <address@hidden> wrote:

On 8 Mar 2014, at 05:07, Jonathan Greig <address@hidden> wrote:

> Tony,
> I know of the reference you are talking about, but haven't added it in yet. The only reason you are missing the icons, images and tips is because those need to be relative to the embroidermodder2.exe (i.e. copy all of the extra folders to your bin directory and I bet it will work fine).

Indeed, I can see those missing assets after copying all the directories over.

Cheers,

Tony