Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt5 Shared / Travis-CI

From: Jonathan Greig
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt5 Shared / Travis-CI
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 04:39:54 -0600

On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 4:02 AM, Tony Theodore <address@hidden> wrote:

On 8 Mar 2014, at 05:42, Jonathan Greig <address@hidden> wrote:

> Tony,
> Got it working in my VM using your batch file method. See attached screenshot. It's slower than molasses firing up in the VM using the batch file but it works.
> Have faith, shared non-believers :D (I just need to fix up the platform stuff to work right and slim the DLL's back down)

Glad to hear it’s working now.

Yes, I have been able to get rid of the batch file and now it fires up much faster :) Since your configure options to qtbase are slightly different than the Official Qt downloads is where the issues were stemming from. I had the platforms folder in the right place, but without zlib and a few others, it was the cause of the error message. I documented the required DLL files here when using MXE to build(others may find this helpful):
https://github.com/Embroidermodder/Embroidermodder/commit/01c2216c988db5ad5deedde639ae653b604970e9

There is a slight issue with mixing static and shared libs. If you look at the TODO notes in my above commit mentioning the static libgcc and stdc++, Even though my .pro file should be using a static version of libgcc and stdc++, I still need the two DLL's. Is there a way with MXE to statically link those two specific libs? It is fairly common for those two in particular to be static linked even when using other shared libs. See here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12921911/mingw-libgcc-s-sjlj-1-dll-is-missing

> I'm not sure on the MXE policy on adding packages to MXE but someday when the API is frozen, I think I would like to have a package for MXE.

Take a look at the new package guidelines:

http://mxe.cc/#creating-packages

We only build the library component of project, and it looks like libembroidery shouldn’t be hard to add. Have a look at any of the qt submodule packages for a start on a qmake based build. The API doesn’t need to be frozen, take a look at plibc.mk for an example of how write an update macro for github.

Great! There are a few issues I would need to address first to prepare libembroidery for this. It won't be immediately but I'll definitely get around to it.

Cheers,
Jonathan