Re: [Mldonkey-users] Problems with popular files!

From: Goswin Brederlow
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Problems with popular files!
Date: 10 Oct 2002 13:31:49 +0200

"Roland Arendes" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi

> >>The 2 files that cause a lot of trouble ofr me:
> >>ed2k://|file|ssuss-cd2.bin|836752224|6f75c4e4551518e92df9e919dfd26efa|
> >>ed2k://|file|ssuss-cd1.bin|814250640|613e846289679d903af9d38f335bb870|
> > pr0n? ;))
>
> No, it's a german svcd (drama i think). I've added these files to my
> queue and I'm experiencing the same problems. Sources like hell
> (max_sources_per_file 2000 and over 10k sources) and no download.

I get a similar behaviour.

It looks like some client is spaming the network with sources.
I get lots and lots of direct connect sources without a name.
Wasn't there a mldonkey version that did send all sources of a file to
a seeking client? The current cvs only sends 10 sources. maybe we
should only accept 20 sources from a client and then block the socket
for a second.

I'm guessing since I haven't added debug output yet but bear with me:

The problem seems to be that mldonkey adds the source to the sources
list for the file and updates the gui. Then the next source comes in,
gets added and send to the gui. Once there is no incoming traffic
left mldonkey cleans up the sources list and sleeps for the next
round. The longer the sources list gets the longer it takes to add
more sources and the slower sources are picked up from the
socket. More and more time is used up handling the spaming and up and
download suffers.

Does that sound likely?

MfG
        Goswin