Re: [Mldonkey-users] try_connect.sh | making mldonkey connect a server

From: bruj0
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] try_connect.sh | making mldonkey connect a server
Date: 31 Oct 2002 07:24:14 -0300

On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 07:03, Rainer Krauss wrote:
> Hi bruj0,
>
> Thursday, October 31, 2002, bruj0 wrote:
>
> b> But i made this script becouse when using Emule or edonkey for windows i
> b> can connect to the bigs servers ie: Adanet, silent bob or Gruk.
> b> With mldonkey its imposible, any ideas why?
>
> mldonkey has been baned since a long time. However, Lugdunum baned
> mldonkey by just checking for "mldonkey" in the clients name. So you
> could get connected by just changing your client name.
>
> The versions >=.p63 use another algorithm to identify an mldonkey.
> They do it the same way mldonkey identifies other mldonkeys.

Mldonkey wants to identify another mldonkey client to exchange sources
for files right?
So if you only want a "client" to identify to another then all that it
has to do is just say "no im not mldonkey" when asked from a server or
from the server ip.
If this is true then i could make a patch for mldonkey :)

> As Lugdunummaster was too lazy to code an error message for this you
> will get a "You are on a LowID" error from the server when watching
> the traffic with tcpdump.
>
> Another point is that new Lugdunum servers expects your client to
> answer there question within 8 seconds. Even this sounds ok at first
> this is a big problem on slow CPU systems allready doing high traffic.
> So it could be you'll never connect some servers because they are too
> far away and you and they are too busy. At least connecting them takes
> very long time.
>
> Emule is baned from some servers too, as far as i know.

I understand, i guess they use that so only local or close clients
connects. Guess its fine.
Thanx for your answer.