Re: [monit] Aborting monit on failure

From: Stephan-Frank Henry
Subject: Re: [monit] Aborting monit on failure
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 10:03:08 +0200

> > I would not even know how to change it if I do not even see the exec
> script being executed.
> > The 2nd line (after #!/bin/sh) is echo "executing " >>
> monit.log but nothing gets printed.
> Be carefull ! Use full pathname !
> echo "executing " >> monit.log
> while create a monit.log file in the CWD path of monit (the directory of
> execution)
> The file certainly exists but elsewhere that you are looking at ?!
> Do :
> $> locate monit.log
> and see if you have several answers...
> It is same issue than missing env vars in scripts.
> For instance :
> echo "executing " >> $MONIT_LOGDIR/monit.log
> Will fail too, because the exec of monit do not inherit of any custom
> vars.
> Do a source of env scripts before, or use full pathnames or
> write the monit exec command with  :
> "env MONIT_LOGDIR=/some/path /another/path/"

Yep, that seems to be it. Thanks for all the help!

But I would have one more question:
Is there a way to get an exec for "check file slony_log with ... " when the
file is not there?

Currently I get the ''slony_log' file doesn't exist' & ''slony_log' trying to
restart' when I just want an exec in this case.

thanks again!

für nur 19,99 Euro/mtl.!*