Re: [Monotone-devel] can't sync anymore!!!!

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] can't sync anymore!!!!
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 15:49:34 +0100 (CET)

In message <address@hidden> on Tue, 3 Jan 2006 07:44:34 -0500, "Faré"
<address@hidden> said:

fahree> Trying to debug my monotone synchronization scripts, I run
fahree>   monotone serve localhost:12345 '*'
fahree> and I get
fahree>   monotone: beginning service on all interfaces : 5253
fahree> lsof shows that indeed monotone uses port 5253 and not 12345.
fahree> Trying with port 5253 everywhere seems to work. Looks like a
fahree> bug in monotone 0.24.

Read the help:

] $ monotone serve --help
] ...
] Options specific to 'monotone serve':
]   --pid-file=STRING      record process id of server
]   --exclude=STRING       leave out anything described by its argument
]   --bind=STRING          address:port to listen on (default :5253)
]
]      serve PATTERN ...
]        serve the branches specified by PATTERNs to connecting clients

Note the --bind option.  Congrats, you just served the patterns
'localhost:12345' and '*' :-).

Cheers,
Richard

-----