Re: [Monotone-devel] public information currency issuance available at i

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] public information currency issuance available at ic.infoeng.org:38443
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 21:08:55 -0700

On Sat, Jun 17, 2006 at 08:46:55PM -0700, J. Patrick Bedell wrote:
>       I'm sending this email to announce the availability of information
> currency issuance at https://ic.infoeng.org:48443/icws/services/ICWS with
> the information currency service using the (evolving) icws distribution.
> An initial information currency client is in information currency svn,
> currently at icsvn-0.0.3.
>       Is it realistic to hope for an information currency monotone in
> the foreseeable future?

I have no idea.  What is information currency, what would an
"information currency monotone" do that a normal monotone does not,
and why would those be good things to do?

"Lull'd in the countless chambers of the brain,
Our thoughts are link'd by many a hidden chain:
Awake but one, and lo! what myriads rise!
Each stamps its image as the other flies"
  -- Ann Ward Radcliffe, The Mysteries of Udolpho