Re: [Monotone-devel] public information currency issuance available at i

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] public information currency issuance available at ic.infoeng.org:38443
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 00:45:59 +0200 (CEST)

For some reason, I never got Patrick's response directly, so I'll
respond by proxy.

In message <address@hidden> on Sun, 18 Jun 2006 11:22:22 -0500, Chad Walstrom
<address@hidden> said:

chewie> "J. Patrick Bedell" <address@hidden>  wrote:
chewie> > Hi Richard,
[...]
chewie> >       I would welcome the opportunity to purchase a day's
chewie> > worth of your information currency (whether created by
chewie> > icsvn, ic monotone, or some other client) on a negotiable
chewie> > basis.

Well, I wish I understood the Internet Draft well enough to begin
with.  Some people have mentioned that organisations like the IRS may
frown upon this, is that something you have considered?  Or is your
effort more into the kind of economy that some label "green economy"
or other alternate economies more or less entirely outside of the
current global economical system?

Besides, I feel a bit unsure about the security details for your
solution...

chewie> > Would you as a coder be willing to trade three days worth of
chewie> > your icsvn information currency for 30.000 cannabis seeds
chewie> > presentable immediately on demand?

Uhmm, I'm a consultant, so you would be able to purchase my time all
right.  But cannabis seeds?  Although I've nothing against cannabis,
I've no use for it.  Sorry, until your system has proven itself a
little better, I think I'll stay with more widely accepted currencies,
such as Euro, USD or SEK.

Cheers,
Richard

-----