Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: line endings as project policy

From: Ulf Ochsenfahrt
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: line endings as project policy
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 08:49:26 +0100

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:
In message <address@hidden> on Mon, 27 Nov 2006 00:37:12 +0000, Bruce Stephens
<address@hidden> said:

monotone> Brian May <address@hidden> writes:
monotone> monotone> >>>>>> "Richard" == Richard Levitte <- VMS Whacker <address@hidden>> writes:
monotone> >
monotone> >     Richard> So, what I hear you say is that we should remove all
the conversion
monotone> >     Richard> stuff that exists today.  Is that correct?
monotone> >
monotone> > What conversion stuff exists today?
monotone> >
monotone> > I thought there was none?
monotone> monotone> get_linesep_conv and get_charset_conv.

With the exception that as long as they aren't defined, nothing
happens at all.

Just to clear this up. No I'm not saying that the conversion stuff should be removed. I don't mind it being there for people to use, as long as its not enabled by default, which it isn't.

-- Ulf