Re: [Monotone-devel] Packages for Debian testing

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Packages for Debian testing
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 11:21:18 -0700

On 7/7/07, Ludovic Brenta <address@hidden> wrote:
The bugs said "FTBFS" but 0.33-2 built just fine on all architectures,
so the bugs are gone.  That's why I closed them.

I think that's an accident of sbuild, though.  I could reproduce both
bugs with pbuilder.

> ... however, I have just installed the 0.33-2 package from unstable,
> and it sure *looks* like it's built against boost 1.33; are you sure?

It is a coincidence that you use the same architecture as Shaun
(i386).  I'm on amd64, and I would use the version just built against
boost 1.34 on the buildds.

Oh, duh, of course.  I understand now.

> I'm not proposing to push it in ahead of the 10-day window, but I'd
> like to see it go in as soon as possible after that.

Me too, but "as soon as possible" really depends on boost.  I suggest
you contact the boost maintainers, chip in on monotone using the
single-threaded version of boost (see the last comment in #429533),
and ask what the boost maintainers' plans are regarding the two RC
bugs.

Well, my personal inclination is to push forward on eliminating the
dependencies on libboost-regex and libboost-filesystem, so that we are
no longer tied to boost at all (we'll still build-depend on boost-dev,
but that won't translate to a runtime dependency, so it won't affect
testing propagation).  This can happen for 0.36 if (a) I succeed in
finishing the b-fs removal tomorrow, and (b) we are okay with merging
nvm.experiment.deregexp plus nvm.experiment.pcre as a stopgap.  I
should bug njs about reviewing .deregexp.

zw