Re: [Monotone-devel] restriction fixes

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] restriction fixes
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 22:19:59 -0600

>> It may be that automate inventory could use make_restricted_roster
>> rather than doing the same work itself. It depends on whether the
>> make_restriced_roster handles the renames (and other off-nominal)
>> cases the way inventory needs to. That definitely should be stated in

At a glance inventory uses a restriction directly on paths to decide
what to do with them. It does not use csets for anything so the fact
that they were not correct in some cases probably doesn't affect it. It
might be worth another look but I don't think these changes are going to
do anything for inventory

>> In any case, I think the way forward here is to merge
>> basic_io.inventory to main, then propagate main to
>> experiment.restricted_rosters, and then try using
>> make_restricted_roster in automate inventory in that branch.

I've propagated nvm to nvm.experiment.restricted_rosters and the tests
all seem happy. So this branch is probably ready to be merged. It would
still be good if Nathaniel or Zack or anyone else who can make sense of
the following could take a look at the changes to make sure they're
sensible.

Derek