Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: mtn:// sync

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: mtn:// sync
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 12:51:01 -0600

Markus Schiltknecht wrote:
So, I'm proposing to get rid of the asterisk entirely, making "net.venge.monotone" mean: that branch and "net.venge.monotone.*" (but not "net.venge.monotone-foo". I'm assuming that's what you want most of

+1

the time anyway. If you really want to sync only "net.venge.monotone" and none of it's children, you'd have to explicitly exclude them. So it

The thing is, you are very likely going to get the children anyway, at least those that have been merged back so the only thing you'll be able to exclude are the branch certs themselves. I wonder if being able to "exclude" things like this is really worth he trouble since it often won't do what you might expect anyway.

Regarding the general direction of stuffing include/exclude patterns into the URL: most other DVCSen feature a single URL per branch - and

If we go with your suggestion above and drop the ability to "exclude" things we might be there too.

Cheers,
Derek