Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: OpenEmbedded looking to jump ship

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: OpenEmbedded looking to jump ship
Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 12:32:13 -0600

Bruce Stephens wrote:
     - git-fetch will tell me what was updated, which branches
created, mtn doesn't have this.
Again, I could write a wrapper script for that (though an inline
variant would be more efficient, avoiding the second "ls branches",
by looking at the incoming packets): ls branches, pull, ls branches,
diff

I'd have thought note_netsync_revision_received or something would be
OK for that?  Maybe one wants a hook that receives all the revisions
in one go or something?

I've been using the following for a while now:

function note_netsync_revision_received(rev_id, rev_text, rev_certs, session_id)
   for i,cert in ipairs(rev_certs) do
      if cert["name"] == "branch" then
         branch = cert["value"]
      elseif cert["name"] == "date" then
         date = cert["value"]
      elseif cert["name"] == "author" then
         author = cert["value"]
      elseif cert["name"] == "changelog" then
         changelog = cert["value"]
      end
   end
   print(rev_id .. " " .. date .. " " .. branch .. " " .. author)
end

The only case that it kinda sucks in is on a fresh pull, where it lists a lot of revisons, but even that isn't all that bad.

Cheers,
Derek