Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: netsync connection info cleanup

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: netsync connection info cleanup
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 09:41:08 -0600

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 1:34 AM, Thomas Keller <address@hidden> wrote:

+1/2 - this is similar to my last proposal (with ":" as separators, but
I'd accept "," as well) - but the mandatory "?" still strikes me. Do you
see any way to avoid "?" for the 90% use case (sync a single branch
without wildcards from / to a remote database)?

I haven't followed this thread terribly carefully so this may be a rehash of something earlier (apologies in advance if it is). Branches can be considered "things that exist within a database" so the idea of a hierarchy from database to branch is somewhat reasonable. Following this, a url like

mtn://host/database/branch

might be workable and can avoid the need for a ? separator. Things might get awkward when you try and extend this to include more than one branch or several branch patterns though.

Cheers,
Derek