Re: [Monotone-devel] Buildbot slaves, please!

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Buildbot slaves, please!
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 17:26:08 +0100 (CET)

In message <address@hidden> on Fri, 11 Mar 2011 04:39:20 -0500, Stephen Leake
<address@hidden> said:

stephen_leake> Running a buildbot on Windows essentially requires a dedicated
machine;
stephen_leake> two if I also run a Cygwin buildbot. Running both buildbots on
one
stephen_leake> machine led to timeouts on the master, because they compete for
the disk
stephen_leake> and are therefor slow. I don't have any Windows boxes to spare.
stephen_leake>
stephen_leake> That could be alleviated by only running builds during certain
hours. Do
stephen_leake> we really need a complete rebuild of every single commit, 24/7?

I fully understand the issue and will look into it.

stephen_leake> It would also help if there was an "update" mode, rather than
always
stephen_leake> doing a complete fresh checkout and build. I haven't timed it
recently;
stephen_leake> perhaps now the test time dwarfs the build time.

The current code does it without any problem.  See it in action here.
http://monotone.ca:9000/builders/i386-debian-testing/builds/53/steps/monotone/logs/stdio

stephen_leake> I have not been able to get extra/* to run on MinGW; I have not
spent
stephen_leake> much time on it. I don't think we should hold the release for
that.

Agreed.

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/