Re: [Monotone-devel] Buildbot slaves, please!

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Buildbot slaves, please!
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 18:39:59 +0100 (CET)

In message <address@hidden> on Fri, 11 Mar 2011 17:26:08 +0100 (CET), Richard
Levitte <address@hidden> said:

richard> In message <address@hidden> on Fri, 11 Mar 2011 04:39:20 -0500,
Stephen Leake <address@hidden> said:
richard>
richard> stephen_leake> Running a buildbot on Windows essentially requires a
dedicated machine;
richard> stephen_leake> two if I also run a Cygwin buildbot. Running both
buildbots on one
richard> stephen_leake> machine led to timeouts on the master, because they
compete for the disk
richard> stephen_leake> and are therefor slow. I don't have any Windows boxes
to spare.
richard> stephen_leake>
richard> stephen_leake> That could be alleviated by only running builds during
certain hours. Do
richard> stephen_leake> we really need a complete rebuild of every single
commit, 24/7?
richard>
richard> I fully understand the issue and will look into it.

I think you might like this scheduler:

http://wiki.monotone.ca/BuildBot/buildbot-doc/buildbot.html#Nightly-Scheduler

something like this perhaps?

s = scheduler.Nightly(name='BeforeWakingUp',
              builderNames=['stephen-builder'],
              hour=[1,4],
              minute=23,
              onlyIfChanged=True)