myexperiment-discuss

Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] face to face meeting

From: Carole Goble
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] face to face meeting
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 15:52:53 +0000

Luna

Ah - what you want is something special for Scientists and not just people in general :-)

Carole

Yes!
close to what I wanted, but shouldn't the pivot be the conference/event/trip more than the person?

1. ----
Even if the interface is intuitive (I am trying right now) why should 1000 scientists *have* to write their own trip: Vienna Austria, start-date, end-date, description=ECCB conference etc. It should be possible to "register" to a pre-defined (or co-defined?) public event.

2. ----
On the other hand with "shared trips" you cannot specify your own dates: maybe you are in town the day before the conference, but you won't be attending the last day of the conference. But maybe you don't want you boss to know you are not attending the last day. Sorry, I'm digressing...

Thank you for the link!
Cheers, Luna

Ross Gardler wrote:
Luna De Ferrari wrote:
Hello,
collaboration and data sharing eventually depend on personal trust, usually gained by shaking hands.

Could myExperiment include a service for knowing if someone in your network is attending a conference? I usually discover whether people from Edinburgh (outside my group) are attending a conference when I reach the EasyJet check-in.

I'd recommend using the http://www.dopplr.com service who publish an appropraite API

Ross