myexperiment-discuss

[Myexperiment-discuss] API questions: runners, Remote Execution Service

From: Wladimir Mufty
Subject: [Myexperiment-discuss] API questions: runners, Remote Execution Service
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 16:58:13 +0100

Hello,

I had 2 questions about the API:

Question 1: Shared group runners

Is it correct that the shared “group” runners are not returned with a request to:

http://sandbox.myexperiment.org/user.xml?id=[ID user x]&elements=workflows

It seems that it only provides the personal runner(s) for that specific user.

Question 2: Taverna server 1.7

We are using the Remote Execution Service on a (private) machine on the internet.

We would like to make use of this Remote Execution Service through the use of API / REST calls.

 On MyExperiment you can check the runners API for available runners, in continuation of that it is (or should) be possible to create a “job” through the Jobs API.

 - Is the Jobs API available, can we run a selected workflow through a job on a runner-machine?

- Is it possible to skip the creation of a Job and directly post a workflow to the Remote Execution Service API?

 API scenario:

1a. Get workflows MyExperiment user X (http://sandbox.myexperiment.org/user.xml?id=[ID user x]&elements=workflows)

1b. Get available MyExperiment  runners user X (http://sandbox.myexperiment.org/runner.xml?id=[runnerid])

2. Post selected workflow to available runner-machine, the Remote Execution Service. Direct! Not via MyExperiment or a MyExperiment Job.

3. Check status and link to result set on runner-machine.

 Please let me know if this scenario is already possible or will be possible in the near (or not so near) future.

Kind Regards,

Wladimir Mufty

SURFnet