myexperiment-discuss

[Myexperiment-discuss] Questions about capabilities

From: Richard Crane
Subject: [Myexperiment-discuss] Questions about capabilities
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 17:24:35 -0500

We are quite interested in the software underlying myexperiment.org. Since we do research somewhat removed from the current predominant interests at the site we are thinking about hosting a version internally.

Three modifications would make it more appealing to us, so I'd like to ask whether  they are feasible or planned.  In rough priority
-- ability to add arbitrary webpages -- e.g., introductory material, tutorials, etc., not necessarily uploaded as files.
-- ability to customize the file upload form -- we'd like to capture more and different data, in different catagories.
-- ability to hide/disable sections like Packs and Workflows, ideally on a per group basis. I already stumbled on the /experiments branch, which suggests a mechanisms for extending

Thanks for any light you can shed on these points.

Richard Crane

-------

Haskins Laboratories / (203) 865-6163 X 275 /  FAX (203) 865-8963

300 George Street/New Haven, CT 06511