Re: [Nel] NeL Build Problems

From: Vianney Lecroart
Subject: Re: [Nel] NeL Build Problems
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 10:48:32 +0100

Hi Mike,

> I have downloaded and built STLPort and FreeType 2 without much trouble,
but
> I have been unable to build NeL.  When I open the workspace file (nel.dsw)
> with Visual C++ 6.0 SP5 it contains no projects.  What's up with that?

No project in the nel.dsw??? Too strange, we use it everyday and we have
project on it.
Open the nel.dsw in a notepad and look if the link to the .dsp are there or
not.
Look if the .dsp path/file are good. Don't know what to do more.

> Ideally, I would like to build NeL with Cygwin.  I still want to use the
> Visual C++ compiler, but I want to use bash, GNU make, etc. that come with
> Cygwin.  Has anyone accomplished this?  It looks like a whole project to
get
> it to work.  First off, NeL makes use of autoconf and libtool, and these
> tools are in a state of flux on Cygwin.  It appears that the only working
> libtool on Cygwin requires autoconf 2.52.  Which version does NeL use?

We only work on windows with Visual C++ so I don't think it compiles well on
cygwin but if you want to try :) good luck.

Vianney Lecroart
---
lead network programmer / nevrax.com
icq#: 6870415
homepage: http://ace.planet-d.net
www.geekcode.com: GCS/E d- s+++: a-- C+++$ UL++ P- L+++>+$ E+>- W++ N+ o? K-
w++$ O- M- V- PS- PE? Y PGP t 5? X+ R- tv++ b- DI D+ G e++ h+ r-- y?