oath-toolkit-help

Re: [Hotp-toolkit-help] client/server extension of HOTP toolkit

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: [Hotp-toolkit-help] client/server extension of HOTP toolkit
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 21:21:23 +0100

Daniel Pocock <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Some time ago, I wrapped some of the code from the HOTP toolkit into a
> modular client/server solution, which I've decided to release here:
>
>  http://www.dynalogin.org
>
> It is a GPL v3 release, I believe this is compatible with the
> licensing of the existing HOTP toolkit code.
>
> The intention of this architecture is to offer:
> - modularity (e.g. different back end storage options, or enable usage
> from different client platforms)
> - proper separation of privileges, e.g. so that a compromised PHP web
> server would never be able to read the secret keys directly from the
> file/database
> - enable and encourage wider adoption of this technology
>
> Any feedback/discussion is welcome - I hope this is useful for people.

Hi!  Cool, and thanks for status update.

Do you think some of your modifications would make sense to incorporate
into HOTP Toolkit?  I'm thinking in particular of libhotp that you
copied -- if there are changes we could make to support your project, it
would be good to discuss this.  I think it would be nice if you could
use libhotp directly as an external library.

I haven't read your source code in too much detail yet, so I may be
missing something.

/Simon