oath-toolkit-help

Re: [OATH-Toolkit-help] Any chance to support Portable Symmetric Key Con

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: [OATH-Toolkit-help] Any chance to support Portable Symmetric Key Container (PSKC) seed format
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 16:25:51 +0200

Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE <address@hidden> writes:

>> * Library functions to read and parse PSKC files and iterate through the
>>   data and extract the fields.
>>
>> * Tool to parse PSKC files and print the content in a human friendly
>>   way.
>>
>> * Tool to protect encrypt/decrypt PSKC files, according to section 6 in
>>   RFC 6030.  There are several ways here, and it isn't clear what would
>>   be best to do.
>>
>> What functionality is interesting?
>
> IMHO PSKC is useful for key provisioning (2nd option).
>
> A small tool in the tradition of Unix would be nice to compute a PSKC
> file a display/manipulate a seed.

I have started implementing a command line tool to interact with PSKC
data.  It uses a new library, libpskc, to do the real work.  The
features of the tool (and thus the library) that make sense initially
appears to be:

* Parse data and validate it against PSKC XML schema.

* Create PSKC data based on input parameters.

* Parse PSKC data, printing certain fields requested by user.

* Convert PSKC data to some simpler format.

I think the above should be implemented before thinking about next
steps.  I have created a branch in git for this, see:

  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/oath-toolkit.git/log/?h=features/pskc

Expect more within the next few days...

A next step would to support PSKC data protection, but I'd like to
implement the stuff above first and then re-read the relevant portion of
the RFC to evaluate what makes sense to do.

/Simon