Re: [Openexr-devel] Reading incomplete exr

From: Florian Kainz
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Reading incomplete exr
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 09:47:09 -0800

Ken McGaugh wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying to read an exr that may not yet be complete, but I am having
> problems.  Is it possible in theory to read an incomplete exr image
> using the standard library routines?  I've tried catching all exceptions
> and continuing anyway, but my image buffer remains empty.
>
> Thanks.
> --Ken

Reading an incomplete image file should be possible.

However, once you encounter the first missing scan line
or tile, you should close and re-open the file, so that
the library re-reads the file's scan line or tile directory.
The library does not scan the file for new pixels while the
file is open.

Florian