Re: [Openexr-devel] Reading incomplete exr

From: Ken McGaugh
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Reading incomplete exr
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 14:37:14 +0000

Florian Kainz wrote:

Reading an incomplete image file should be possible.

However, once you encounter the first missing scan line or tile, you should close and re-open the file, so that the library re-reads the file's scan line or tile directory. The library does not scan the file for new pixels while the
file is open.

Florian

Thanks Florian.  I now see that my problem was that the
exr was stored in DECREASING_Y line order.  No matter what
I do, I cannot get one of these to read if the image is
incomplete.  I think the problem is in the reconstructLineOffsets
function in ImfInputFile.cpp, but I'm not certain.

I think we may be using DECREASING_Y exr's quite a bit, so
it would be very nice to have this work.

Thanks again.
--Ken