Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR files with nonlinearly encoded RGB

From: Elle Stone
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR files with nonlinearly encoded RGB
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 11:19:16 -0500

On 02/21/2015 08:00 AM, Elle Stone wrote:
In interest of full disclosure, I'm the only GIMP dev that's lobbying
for letting the user decide how to encode data stored as OpenEXR, as
dictated by the user's own purposes. I do agree that the concern to not
violate "officially sanctioned" ways of using OpenEXR is an important
concern.

We decided as a group to ask you all what you thought. So based on input so far, I suspect the decision will be made to limit OpenEXR files to linear gamma files. I've posted a link to this discussion so the other GIMP devs know where to find it. Anyway, thanks! for the input.

Best,
Elle