Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR files with nonlinearly encoded RGB

From: Elle Stone
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR files with nonlinearly encoded RGB
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 09:03:07 -0500

On 02/21/2015 02:26 PM, Joseph Goldstone wrote:
The ACES committee (an unfortunate change of name from the Image
Interchange Framework committee) agreed with Florian on much of what was
published in this document, but let go of indirect output referred
imagery or output referred imagery in OpenEXR, IDCES and ODCES as
explicitly named things, and a lot of other stuff. For example, the ACES
1.0 release carries a lot of the metadata as clip-level XML that the
paper you reference proposes be carried as OpenEXR attributes

The ACES 1.0 source and doc bundle can be reached from this page:
http://www.oscars.org/science-technology/sci-tech-projects/aces
And if you are going to be looking at how to make OpenEXR files for an
ACES workflow, look at SMPTE ST 2065-4:2013, “ACES Image Container File
Layout”.