openexr-user

[Openexr-user] openEXR Microsoft Visual Studio .Net 2002 Support

From: Kevin Erickson
Subject: [Openexr-user] openEXR Microsoft Visual Studio .Net 2002 Support
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 20:58:53 -0800

Hello:

I am new to openEXR using MS VS .Net 2002, I read the documentation that indicated that openEXR has been tested on 2003.  I was hoping for some support for 2002 users such as myself as making an investment to 2003 is not in my budget.

I am having the following problems with openEXR 1.1.0:

1)      Downloaded photoshop files to compile to build the plug-in but I get the following error message: “Your project file version is 7.10.  Visual Studio .Net can only load version 7.0 project files.”

2)      Downloaded photoshop binaries (plug-in EXRFormat.8bi) and installed it in the plug-ins folder, however; when starting Photoshop the following error message appeared: “This application has failed to start because MSVCP71D.dll was not found.  Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”  Then pressing OK and photoshop loads.  I have done this with Photoshop 7 and CS on two different machines.  In researching the web, I found that the “D” in the name of the .dll is for debug and is not to be redistributed.

3)      In the Readme file for the Photoshop plug-in it says, “open the project file "Photoshop/win32/EXRFormat.dsw" in VC++.  However, the only files that are in the win32 folder are:  EXRFormat.vcproj, EXRformat-sym.h, and EXRFormat.rc.   EXRFormat.dsw does not exist; also, if I am not mistaken .dsw would be a VS 6.0 file format.

I hope there are plans to make versions available that work on .Net 2002.  I look forward to seeing an update and anticipate being able to user the openEXR file format in my projects.

Best regards,

Kevin Erickson