openvortex-dev

[Openvortex-dev] Status update.

From: Manuel Jander
Subject: [Openvortex-dev] Status update.
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 22:41:01 -0400

Hi everyone,

I uploaded a new experimental tarball to:

http://galadriel.mat.utfsm.cl/~mjander/aureal/alsa/

Its mainly intended for everyone wanting to help to get the WT and A3D
engine to work.

WT:
The damn beast still doesn't get audio data through. The bug could be in
the DMA engine support, WT register setup or in the audio routing (less
probable). That is a very big playroom, but at least thanks to Jeff, now
i have some IO samples from the win2k driver as a reference. I fixed a
lot of bugs, but its still stuck. Grrr >:(

A3D:
I got audio routed through a A3D source flowing. It sounds silence, but
the DMA runs, which indicates that data is passing through. Since i
still didn't enable the code that sets up the A3D source, i didn't
expect anything better than that. I left out the Crosstalk canceler for
now, but its very similar to the EQ (almost the same functionality), so
i expect it to be not so hard to integrate after the A3D sources work.

It looks like that the A3D sources have a greater chance to be supported
(they are almost working).
If anyone wants to help, would be very great.

Best Regards

Manuel