openvortex-dev

[Openvortex-dev] more on headphone output on mx300

From: John Parejko
Subject: [Openvortex-dev] more on headphone output on mx300
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 22:38:33 -0600 (CST)

Anders Haugen and Kevin Alm asked a while ago about the 2nd output on
Diamond Monster Sound MX300 cards, which (under windows) can do strictly
headphone output.  I didn't see an end to that, and I was just trying to
do it myself: no dice.  I couldn't get anything out of it, in fact, but I
didn't play with it too long, but I tried changing all the mute/unmuted
things in alsamixer and didn't get anything.  I probably missed something
silly.

If anyone was ever able to get this to work, please let me know so I can
use it and write it up on our alsawiki.  If not, does anyone have an idea
about where I can start looking?  (some driver hacking might do me some
good!).  I don't have win2k, so I can't use the monitor that Jeff and
Manuel have been using (I think: will it work in win98?).

Thanks again for all the hard work, and sorry to be another complainer.

John

John Parejko
address@hidden
Graduate, Carleton College