openvortex-dev

[Openvortex-dev] Problems with au8830 with flash plugin

From: S Ait-Kassi
Subject: [Openvortex-dev] Problems with au8830 with flash plugin
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 18:32:42 +0100

Hi,

I'm using the 1.0.2 alsa with my vortex2 card and I have been having trouble
with using xmms with the alsa plugin and mozilla-firebird with the flash
plugin. As soon as I view a flash with sound and also play music with xmms I
will get a lot of noise from the right channel and some from the left channel
mixed with the music. This noise stops the moment the music/sound stops. But
will continue when sound is played again. Usually one sound channel is almost
muted and only little pop/cracks can be heard the next time you try playing
something. Only way to correct this is unloading the snd-au8830 module and

I know the flash plugin uses oss instead of alsa but should this happen? Is it
an Alsa problem, au8830 driver problem or even a xmms-alsa plugin problem?