pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] 0.11.91 and other things

From: Chris Petersen
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] 0.11.91 and other things
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 08:50:20 -0700 (PDT)

> 1. There's an option in Edit|Preferences|General to the download start
>    automatically every time you run Pan.

yeah, I noticed that.  quite nice.

> 2. Typing ctrl-b,ctrl-a will do the same as the old button:
>    ctrl-b adds all subscribed groups to the selection, and
>    ctrl-a gets new headers for the selected groups.

this will be just fine for me.  I think I was more upset at having
keystrokes being moved around that I got flustered and couldn't find the
easy solutions.  I'll still use this instead of option 1 because I often
leave pan running for days at a time (I love linux) and it's nice to see
changes in all of my groups.

> Yes, that nastiness has been fixed.  non-modified characters are so
> much more pleasant...

so is there a plan to keep the old character mappings, or will you just
stick with the ones that are already in .11.91?

> The file formats are different to make room for group-level charset
> settings and some other things.  I don't like changing file formats,
> but it's often necessary.

aha, that explains it.  no biggie..  I'll probably stick with .11.3 until
I can figure out how to change my gtk2 theme, and then won't go back again
after that..  (I use a very dark theme, and the default light gtk2 theme
seriously bothers my eyes in comparison).

-Chris