pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Strange problem with Pan data

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Strange problem with Pan data
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 12:29:27 -0700

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 09:15:24PM +0200, Edith Gross wrote:
> Pan's data are stored in the directory ~/pan. Now I have found our that if I
> remove this directory wirh "rm -r pan", it is of no use as the next time I
> invoke Pan, this directory is restored with all the servers which were
> registered at some point in time. Even if I remove the server from the server
> list, it does not help, the name of the server is still there.
>
> Now the only explanation I have, is that the data are stored at a different
> location as well, and I should like to be told, where they are stored.

I don't know what you're talking about, unless you're jumping from
0.11.9x to 0.11.3.

* In 0.11.9x, Pan's home directory is $PAN_HOME, or ~/.pan by default

* In 0.11.9x, the server list is saved in config.xml in Pan's home
  directory, so blowing away the directory blows away the server list.
  In 0.11.3, the server list is saved in ~/.gnome/Pan.

cheers,
Charles