pan-users

[Pan-users] Strange problem with Pan data

From: Edith Gross
Subject: [Pan-users] Strange problem with Pan data
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 21:15:24 +0200

Pan's data are stored in the directory ~/pan. Now I have found our that if I
remove this directory wirh "rm -r pan", it is of no use as the next time I
invoke Pan, this directory is restored with all the servers which were
registered at some point in time. Even if I remove the server from the server
list, it does not help, the name of the server is still there.

Now the only explanation I have, is that the data are stored at a different
location as well, and I should like to be told, where they are stored.

This could be a serious security issue. (My point was diffferent; I am
experiencing seirous difficulties to dowload headers from newsgroups and I
was trying "to delete everything" and start anew.)

--
Edith Gross